Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Plan

I've been amazingly calm this weekend. (Aside from Friday night) I have no doubt it is thanks to the many prayers going up for me to be at peace with everything this weekend. Thank you to everyone for that. Tomorrow (Monday) I will take Ashley to school, get all the last minute things accomplished, and pack up the car. We will pick Ashley up from school at 3:30, go out to dinner, and say our goodbyes. Tony's mom will stay with Ashley while his dad and my parents and I head up to Philly. We will stay in a hotel Monday night. At this point I am scheduled for the OR at 6 AM Tuesday morning. (Think of me when your alarm goes off that morning.) I will find out for sure tomorrow afternoon. Dad has agreed to update the blog during the surgery, as that will be the easiest way to keep everyone informed. Thank you for your continued prayers. I'm anticipating tomorrow will be difficult, but I hope to hold on to this calmness. Love to everyone!
Joyce

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joyce,
I will miss seeing you during lunch for my last 8 days. Just think, this time in two days all of it will be over and you will be recovering!We are praying for you.

Joyce said...

Thank you Kelly. I will miss you too. I know all of it will be over in just two days but it is all happening so fast. Thank you for caring about me.
Joyce

Joyce said...

Thank you Kelly. I will miss you too. I know all of it will be over in just two days but it is all happening so fast. Thank you for caring about me.
Joyce

Denise said...

Joyce - It will soon be all behind you! Hang in there and be strong! Love, Denise

Anonymous said...

Joyce,
I'm sorry if this shows up three times. This is the third time I've typed it, and it doesn't publish! (Maybe I'm not waiting long enough! lol). Anyway, just wanted to let you know you were in my thoughts all night last night and you are in my thoughts this morning as well. You will do just fine today, I know it! Your heart is sooo full of love for soooo many people: for your own family; your extended family; your family at school; your family at church; for your students--past and present; and your many, many friends! Your faith in God and all the love and support of all these 'families' and your positive attitude will get you through this! luv ya! ~Brenda~