Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Joyce's Procedure has started

Hi Everyone,
Joyce got her day started about 3 a.m! She was up and ready to shower. We all were up and chatting by 4 a.m. Joyce was in good spirits, nervous but at the same time feeling calm. We all left the hotel and went on down to admissions by 6 a.m. She got checked in and some tearful hugs were exchanged.
She went into OR prep at 6:12am and then she got to spend a little time with Tony and her Mom, Jeanette. She was in good spirits and gave them the thumbs up as she went on to theoperating Room at 7:04.
They have just now actually started the procedure .. 8:35am. We are all in the surgical waiting room ..Tony, Joyce's Mom and Dad, Her brother Mark and Jessica, and Tony's dad Anthony. They have a couple of large electronic status boards in the waiting area on which they indicate the various stages of progression relative to the procedure. We will keep everyone informed as she progresses. Keep her in your prayers.
Art (Joyce's Dad)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sooo glad to hear she is doing okay so far! Keeping her in my thoughts. Thanks for keeping everyone at 'home' informed of her progress. I know it will be hard to sit in the waiting room all day waiting to hear updates on her progress. Hang in there, and stay positive! God is with you all. Thinking of all of you this morning! ~Brenda~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update...
my prayers and love are with you all.

Tony,tell LaRue to e-mail me at ctjpking@verizon.net if she wants to chat..I'll be at the computer all day.

Janice

Anonymous said...

your femily here at banneker is thinking of you!!! stay strong!!

we love you!
karlin :)

Anonymous said...

I am sooo glad to hear she is doing okay so far! Keeping her and you all in my thoughts. Thanks for keeping everyone us informed of her progress. We miss her at school. Stay positive! God is with you all. Thinking of all of you this morning!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are going up for you and your family, Joyce. I am so glad that she is doing well this far. Your family in MSD is thinking of you. God bless all of you. Keep us updated.

Beth L.

Sandy said...

Thanks so much for keeping us updated here at Banneker. Joyce...your Banneker friends love and support you! We have been thinking about you all day. Our love and prayers are with you,
Sandy S.

Sandy said...

Mrs. Bonnoni...to my favorite fourth grade teacher who has remained my friend and such a enormous positive influence in my life, you are invincible and I know you can do anything. I will be thinking of you and praying for you today and always.
Love,
Bliss

Anonymous said...

Joyce, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today!! Take care!


Ambriah :-)
Banneker Elem.

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
I'm so glad that the surgery is over and that your mom is doing fine. I didn't sleep to good Mon. nite I kept waking up and looking at the clock. I'm sure I'll sleep much better tonite knowing that she's ok. When you go and see her give her a gentle hug and kiss for me and tell her I love her. Give your dad a hug and kiss to. Tell him if he needs anything please let me know. Your mom and dad are very lucky to have such very strong and very special daughter like you. I know I'm very proud to have you for a niece. You take care of yourself and your mom when she comes home. Love you sweetheart. Aunt Debbie

Joyce said...

Thanks to all for your dearing prayers and supporting us with comments eachday. Ashley