Saturday, May 10, 2008

I've been approved!

Earlier this week I phoned Joanne at Dr. P's office and again asked if all the paperwork was submitted to the insurance company yet. (and again, she yelled at me for worrying.) Given the week I have had, I proceeded to snap back. This seems to be the only approach that breaks through her barriers and by the end of the conversation she was giving me the info I was needing. She had submitted all the paperwork along with 70 extra forms and documents (Univ. Hospital is out of network for my insurance and they need to prove medical necessity.) She hadn't heard anything back and thought that was a good sign. Thursday, I received a very nice message on my cell phone from her informing me that the insurance had approved my surgery and it's all a go. (I was relieved and elated at that news, but quickly panicked, as I realized we won't be postponing anything.) That's okay, since I don't think I can go through the weeks approaching surgery all over again. I will be going up for preadmission testing on Thursday, May 15th. I will get as many questions answered then concerning the surgery. (prep, hospital stay, visitation, etc . . .) Looks like it's really happening. I'll let everyone know what I find out on Thursday. Love to all!
Joyce

5 comments:

Mel said...

I am glad everything is falling in place. No worries...God is in control. By the way, that cake you brought in to school was absolutely delicious. I should know...cause I snuck an extra piece...shhhh don't tell!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Joyce,
We are happy to hear the "Good " news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
George and Rusty Mende

Anonymous said...

Joyce, So glad to hear the insurance was approved! I know that is another load off you and Tony right now. Try to focus on the wonderful outcome of the surgery-and how much better you will feel. God will be there with you and with the surgeons to help guide their healing hands! Love to you! Will see you this weekend! Looking forward to it! ~Brenda Mariner~

Anonymous said...

Joyce.
Glad to know that all the pre-planning is going well; a GOOD sign.
LaRue's always been proud of you and Ashley,and after reading this blog I see why .Your bravery is based on your faith in the Lord.
Janice

Joyce said...

Thank you to all of you for your sweet words of encouragement. This weekend will be faster than most, but I think it's this "getting ready time" that is so difficult. It should be a relief to get to Wednesday! We love you all!
Joyce, Tony and Ashley