Monday, April 28, 2008

One Step Closer

Today was the day I had to call Dr. Pochettino's secretary to schedule my preadmission testing. (She's quite the ray of sunshine.) Again, she refused to tell me when she would start the process of getting approval from the insurance. (Not sure what her deal is with that.) I did get scheduled for May 15th to have my tests done. The cardiac cath from four years ago showed what they needed to see, so no need to undergo that again. :-) It looks like my surgery will be at 6:00 AM on May 20th. We will be staying in the hotel on the 19th to avoid making the trek to Philly at 4 in the morning. It really hit me hard last night at 11:00. . . just two more weekends before the big weekend when all the parents arrive for this endeavor. Two weekends pass really quickly. (I'm getting nervous.)
Hope everyone is doing well. Please send prayers to Aunt Maureen and her family, and of course to Diane and her family as they continue through their difficult path. Mine seems pretty trivial compared to the journey they are having to take.
Love to all,
Joyce

7 comments:

Mel said...

Two weeks do go quickly, but then that also means that your surgery can become part of the past and you can move on to a healthier you! I am praying for you, Ashley and your family. I know you all must be under so much stress and I just pray that God will give you some peace during such a hard time. Take care of yourself and I am glad you shared it with us at work because we are your family too and care about you. Hugs!
Mel

Joyce said...

Thank you for all your care and concern, Melissa. I feel so blessed to have such an expanding support group.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Good Luck. You're in my prayers. You're going to be fine, so chin up!

-anonymous person who cares

Sandy said...

Love and prayers are with all of you from all of us at the Soucek house. We will be here for you and would love to do whatever you need. I am confident that this process will lead you to a healthier and happier life with your beautiful daughter. You both mean the world to me.
Love, Sandy

Sandy said...

For Ashley...hey kiddo! You know how much I love you. When you need me pick up the phone and call me. I will give Mom my numbers so you can keep them close by. Bliss will be home in May and would love to spend some "girly" days with you shopping or catching a movie. Your mom is going to be great after her surgery and you both will have many many happy times for a LONG time. We will have to have some mother daughter days together...all 4 of us.
Love,
Mrs. Soucek

Joyce said...

Miss Sandy,
Thank you for your words of encouragement. It is such a blessing to know so many people love and care about us. You and Bliss mean the world to us, too. I would love to spend girly time with Miss Bliss. Thank you!
Love,
Ashley
(and Joyce)

Anonymous said...

Dear Anthony, Joyce & Ashley,
Just want you all to know you all
are in our prayers and thoughts.
Anthony please call me as soon as
you hear anything on Tues. I took
that day off, because I know I
wouldn't be able to concentrate on
anything at work. Ashley I will be down the weekend of June 13 to help you get ready for your dance rectial. Joyce very thing will be fine you have your family and friends to help you get through all of this. I wish I could be
at the hospital on Tues. with you
you will be in my thoughts and prayers I love you very much. You know if you need anything all you have to do is ask.