Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sorry for the lack of communication . . .

My computer, or my modem, or both, have had issues and logging onto the internet has been a challenge. The plavix seems to have corrected the vision issues so no need to do the TEE right now (yay!) Last Friday was a big day for me, I had two doctor appointments (both said I'm recovering "remarkably well,” I lay flat on my back and on my sides for the echo (two things I thought would make me break, but turned out to be not so bad) no nap all day, and a visit with friends from work at Smith and Co. that evening. First day without a nap and lots of on the go activity - I was so happy to be feeling like things were normal again,
but . . .I wasn't feeling quite so normal for the remainder of the weekend - very sore and run down. My sister came to visit with her beautiful baby, Ava, and I was so happy to have their company for Ashley, myself, and for mom. Dad arrived on Tuesday, planning on staying through the weekend. Tony was happy to have another guy around. Judy left on Wednesday heading for Northern VA just in time for the severe storms. After the storms/tornadoes last night, Dad had to leave this morning to assess the damage at his house in Virginia. Nothing terribly serious, but some beloved landscape was damaged. He’s really been traveling a lot these past few weeks.
I visit the surgeon on June 19th and hope to be cleared for driving and rehab - so that feeling of being normal won't seem so far off. Hope everyone is well and thank you again for all your support and encouragement! We will post some pictures from the hospital soon. Stay in touch!
Love,
Joyce

13 comments:

Mel said...

I was so bummed to have missed you at the end of the year party. I'm happy to hear that all is going as well as expected and even a bit better. Be careful not to wear yourself out! Can't wait to see you soon!

Joyce said...

I missed seeing you on the last teacher day, too. You weren't there when I came downstairs. I'd love to get together this summer. Enjoy the break!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

hi gang- good to hear you are feeling better each day- but- don't do too much too soon:):) Good to hear that your vision is improving. Take care and we'll keep checking back. I have Casey and Kylie today- Janet and Brianna have a stomach virus and don't feel so well:(:( Carole H.

Joyce said...

Carole,
It was wonderful to see everyone at church today. Thank you for your encouragement. Getting to know our church family better has been one of many blessings throughout this journey. Hope everyone feels better soon.
Love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

HI, Joyce!
So gald to hear you are doing so well! The doctors say you are doing 'remarkably well', and so it seems you are. I'm amazed at how much you have been out and about already. Glad you were able to visit with your sister and new baby, too. I can't wait to see you....so much going on at home and in my family, that I haven't had a chance to get over to see you yet....(feeling guilty about that!). Continue to take care and improve each day. luv ya! ~~Brenda~~

Lisa Stuart said...

Joyce: I was looking on the internet for old high school friends and came across this blog for you. I remember talking with you about your heart conditions way back in high school and was shocked to see that you were undergoing open heart surgery. I am so glad that you are doing so well. From reading this blog it is wonderful to see how many caring friends and family you have in your life. I would love to catch up with you when you are feeling up to it. I have some really fun memories with you from high school. Take care of yourself and by the way, you look great!! Lisa

wyatt said...

mrs bonnoni i don't think you should give up posting comments on my blog you should just probobly go get comcast that might work
your student,
wyatt brisbane

wyatt said...

mrs bonnoni i don't think you should give up posting comments on my blog you should just probobly go get comcast that might work
your student,
wyatt brisbane

wyatt said...

oops i did it twice

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie, you've really been thru something! I have thought of you so much. I was still in West Virginia when you got home, but kept up with your blog. I was really hoping the migraines would be a thing of the past after this. God is so Good, Joyce. I just thank Him so much for bringing you through this. Your work here is not done. Praise the Lord!

Joyce said...

Lisa,
I am amazed to hear from you! I'd love to catch up, too! Try e mailing me at JBonnoni@msn.com, I'm not sure how else to get in touch with you. Take care!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hello Joyce!

I'm so glad to hear the medicine has helped your vision. I'm sure that was scary. It sounds like you are healing wonderfuly. I wouldn't worry so much about the naps. I have taken a few durning the summer break also. I think this heat takes a lot out of you. I'm so glad that you are still doing your blog. I like reading it to Matthew. He was really worried about you. We he see me checking your blog he says I hope I have Mrs Bonnoni next year. I'll keep my fingers crossed. God bless and take care. Enjoy your summer with Ashley. We will keep praying for you.

Bobbie

Lisa Stuart said...

Hi Joyce: I sent you an e-mail the other day. My e-mail address is bugsiee@aol.com. You might want to add me to your address book so the e-mail doesn't end up in your spam folder. Take Care, Lisa